Wednesday 14 May 2014

Czeching it out - Prague Photo Essay

So last week I was over the moon to get to spend some time exploring the Czech Republic. I spent a weekend in Prague, eating in beautiful cafes, walking around the castle district and just taking in the beautiful scenery and architecture that is so typically Prague. I then spent a week in the quaint and gorgeous small town of Nove Hrady in South Bohemia just next to the Austrian Border. I doubt I would have ever really explored South Bohemia of my own accord and never would have found Nove Hrady, But I'm so glad I got the chance to.

My trip to the Czech Republic was all part of the Newcastles of the World conference 2014, and was a fantastic opportunity to spend time with old friends and new, as well as discuss issues effecting young people in towns across the world. Every time I've attended the conference I've found myself coming away amazed at the skills I have learnt and developed, and the ideas I've gained from such interesting people. It's definitely a week that makes me proud to not only be a Geordie, but to be part of the Newcastles' family.

I’ve got so much I want to tell you about the trip, both about the conference and the places I’ve visited that I’ve decided to split it between a few posts. Prague was just so beautiful, and I was lucky to visit with some rare April sunshine so here are a few of my favourite photos.


















10 comments:

  1. Found you on hump day blog party, and I am so glad I stopped by! Your pictures are beautiful, and you made me want to visit in the worst way! I also blog about my travels, and hope you will stop by for a visit...
    http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/2013/10/doorsdoors-and-more-doors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karan. I'm just beginning to get to grips with taking photos when i'm travelling! I'm normally the girl who loses her camera on day one and comes back with just memories.

      Delete
  2. I would love to go there! What a beautiful place to travel. Thank you for sharing with us at Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous photos :) It looks like you had an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, gorgeous photos! My sister recently returned home from Prague and is totally in love with the place. I've yet to see her photos, but from yours I can totally see why! She brought me back a small replica of that gorgeous clock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genna, I bought a fridge magnet of the clock for my mum! If I'm honest I think it's really hard not to fall in love with the city!

      Delete
  5. Fab photos! Love your dress as well! Prague is actually a place I really want to visit and these photos make me go even more:p x
    Life as a Petite
    Bloglovin ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It's an oldie from H&M but one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  6. Great pictures. Looks amazing

    ReplyDelete