Wednesday 5 March 2014

‘What Would You Pack For a Weekend Away’ – Trek America Competition

Weekend getaway in Budapest

So today’s blog is dedicated to Trek America and stage one of their brilliant #blog4trek competition. As I explained I am a little too obsessed in love with America, my first degree was all about American history and literature, as a kid I would literally beg for our family holidays to be in America and the number one tip top highlight of my wanderlust list is to go on the ultimate road trip across America. So, you can imagine when I started looking at their trips I was practically drooling with excitement, and then panic because I needed one damn good blog post to win that trek!

‘What would you pack for a weekend away?’

That’s all they want to know. Now, in the past this would have been tricky. I was a notorious over packer with my whole house + the neighbours sink stashed into my bulging backpack, but I’ve thankfully developed a simpler travel style. I’m now a firm believer that for a weekend away you need very little more than the clothes on your backs, a toothbrush, your passport and maybe a little money.

How did 2 girls actually need that much stuff, and that many shoes?!

However my top 3 things to pack are:
  • A sense of adventure

Get yourself lost in the city, take some side streets (they’re often cheaper) and try all the exciting things you stumble across!

  • Camera and journal

I’m fairly certain you’re going to want to remember your weekend so snap some photos on your camera or smart phone and use any down time to jot down funny moments, memorable places and any other bits you don’t want to forget.

  • A capsule wardrobe

Just the basics, a couple of neutral tops, a pair of jeans or skirt that can be dressed up or down, comfy but smart shoes and some jewellery to accessorize. You can always buy anything extra while you’re away, functional and a nice souvenir when you return.

And that’s all folks, grab that bag and enjoy your weekend! What are your weekend essentials? Is there anything you agree or disagree with?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! We're literally the same person, I have an obsession with America. The ultimate road trip is the dream, I definitely agree with the camera and capsule wardrobe idea.

    http://monochromecool.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha it's always good to hear someone else is as obsessed as me. I think my friends get sick of me constantly planning dream road trips... especially as I can't actually drive!

      Delete