Wednesday 19 March 2014

Quick and easy Nutella mini muffins!

I've been dreaming about this recipe for thelast couple of weeks and have finally got round to making it for you. These little muffins are easily the cutest and simplest cakes you can make, with only 3 ingredients and whatever toping takes your fancy. I first came across the recipe when I was living in halls and aldi had giant pots of Nutella on offer, safe to say that was not an offer a flat of students could pass up and within a couple of days we were practically swimming in the stuff.

The basic muffin mix is insanely easy, all you need is a couple of eggs, some self-raising flour and of course a jar of Nuttela! Normally this would make about 12 regular sized muffins, but I decided to spice things up a little bit this time and make mini muffins. I was also feeling just a little bit inspired by my weird and wonderful pancake concoctions I'd made on pancake day. I'd decided to forgo the usual combination of lemon and sugar on my pancakes and tried Nutella with banana, Nutella with blueberries, Nuttella with walnuts... To be honest I had Nuttella with anything and everything.



So, now you know the inspiration behind these tasty little morsels I think we should get down to it and start cooking. So grab your bowl and your wooden spoon, stick on your apron (you know things are gonna get messy!) and turn up the cooking music, I was loving a bit of queen and had a great time singing along much to my families dismay.

Right, we're all ready then. First of all you want to grab all your ingredients

250g Nuttella or about 2 thirds of a regular jar.
175g Self Raising Flour
2 Eggs
Blueberries, M&Ms, Walnuts... Whatever you're topping your muffins with.


Now turn that oven up to 180 degree Celsius and grease a muffin tray, I was making mini muffins so obviously I used a mini muffin tray but it's up to you.

Next you want to mix your Nuttella and your eggs together in a bowl until they're nice and blended. Try not to eat too much of the Nuttella is it moves from jar to bowl. The mixture should start to look all silky and luxurious at this point. 



Once it's all nice and blended you need to stir in your flour, to begin with it will mattify the texture but with enough mixing you'll find you have a bowl of glossy chocolate goo. 

Spoon the mixture into your greased muffin tin filling each space about 3 quarters full. 

Top each muffin with a sprinkling of your chosen topping, chopped walnuts added a savoury twist to mine, while blueberries added a slightly bitter bite and the M&Ms were just perfect, but what isn't made better by them!

Once this is all done pop that tray into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until a scewer comes out clean. 

That's it, you've officially got some mini muffins on the way. Turn up the music some more, lick out the bowl and use your spoon as a microphone, before you know it those ten minutes will be up. When they're ready leave them to cool for 5 minutes  and then pop them out of the tray and enjoy.







There you go. They're tiny delicious mouthfuls of chocolatey cakey-ness so why not pretend you're a giant while eating them, not that I did that or anything... Now go away and whip yourself up a batch and then hop back over here to let me know how they went!

2 comments:

  1. I love nutella! I've never made muffins with it, though. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing with Hump Day Happenings. I hope you will be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love anything Nutella!!! I also love how simple this recipe is. The fewer ingredients the better!

    Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings!

    ReplyDelete